Sunday 24 February 2013

Nail Art: Paws for thought....

For the next couple of weeks, I shall be dog sitting as my parents are off on their holidays (luckily things!) So I came up with a design inspired by my four-legged friend.
 

 
Let me introduce her. This little pampered pooch is called Tiffany, she was named after my favourite Jewellery shop at the time Tiffany & Co and as a puppy she actually use to wear my Tiffany & Co bracelet as a dog collar, unfortunately it no longer fits. She is a Chihuahua by name, but not by nature. She’s not yappy, and she thinks she’s a BIG dog. To quote the movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua, she’s “tiny, but mighty!” She recently celebrated her 6th birthday (in dog years that’s like 42!) on the 15th January 2013. She is adorable and has such a nice nature and loves to be cuddled and stroked. She definitely has no trouble in letting you know she wants a belly rub!
 
I opted to use a pastel colour for the main shade for this design, which I was recently inspired by London Fashion Week, and the fact that although quite chilly, the sun has been out sporadically this week. For the design, I used a deeper shade of the same tone, as I thought it would compliment them nicely.
Nail polishes used:
 
 
Base colour: Barry M - Berry Lilac
Design Colour: 17 - Royal Indigo
Top Coat: OPI Top Coat

I used one coat for the base, as the polish by Barry M (not for all shades though) seems to be thick enough to make it opaque by just using one coat. I waited for approx. 10 minutes to let them dry. Using two different sized dotting tools, one big one small to design the paws.
 
I placed the paws diagonally opposite each other, which kept the design fun, paw-like, but not too overbearing. Obviously you can have as many or as little as you like. Using the dotting tools makes this design super easy.
So there you have it, fun nails that look woof-derful!
 
 
What animal associated nails would you like to see next?
Have you ever had animal inspired nails?
Until next time…
Laura-Jane

11 comments:

  1. I love how it's inspired by an animal, It's so cute that I'm sad that I have no pets to have an inspired nail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph, You don't need to have a pet to gain inspiration, you can get that from anywhere. The internet is great for inspiration. Thankd for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Cute! Such a lovely design and your dog is adorable :), the paw prints are just so cuteee!!

    I have just followed and would love it if you checked out my blog and followed back if you like what you see?

    Lauren xx

    http://covershootbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, thanks for the comment for both my blog/post and my little pooch! Its such an easy design to do, which I actually got quite a few comments/compliments about my nails.

      I've had a look at your blog, its great. I look forward to reading future posts. I've followed you too.

      Laura-Jane x

      Delete
  3. Love this!! The purple is gorgeous!!

    xo
    Ange

    www.hairsprayandhighheels.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww cute doggy! the nails are so cute! <3

    i'm following from the #bbloggers blog hop! :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sammy, thanks for the comments and follow and hopping over from the #bblogger blog hop :). I'll make sure I check out your blog now x

      Delete
  5. Thanks for joining the blog hop:)
    Laura xx
    Shimmerofpink.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous nails! :)

    F xx

    http://thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete