Thursday 2 May 2013

Perfect plum nail art

Last Sunday I was watching QVC (a UK shopping channel, for those that have no idea what it is) and low and behold they were doing a nails inc. special. Those that know me will well and truly know I put nails inc. on a pedestal and is my Holy Grail - or should I say Holy Nail, of nail polishes. I pretty much wanted to buy everything they had to offer, but avoided every temptation and opted to buy just the one set. The boyfriend had to twist my arm slightly, but not much as you can imagine. I got it for a bargain at £31.50 inc. p&p, as its RRP is £77.00! Here is what I bought:
 
 
As soon as I saw this set on the TV, I knew I just had to have it. If I am being honest, I probably bought the whole thing for the beautiful little bottle on the right hand side, and I have to say it does not disappoint! As soon as I opened the little parcel, which was literally two nano seconds after the postman had put it in my hands, I knew my next manicure would involve 'Redcliffe Road', which is the moniker given to this little beaut.
 
 
The consistency of the polish is perfect; I only had to use one coat, which I love. Makes nail art very quick, which is always a good thing. It looks really pretty just as a plain nail. However, I can't remember the last time I didn't have some sort of design on my nails, so a few little dots were a must. Of course, I used a dotting tool to create those perfect round flecks with the help of some gold acrylic paint. I know Barry M do a foil gold colour, if you prefer to use a polish. I topped it off with the old faithful, Seche Vite.
 
 
The colour is quite dark for Spring/Summer, but as the global fashion weeks dictate it is either pale pastels or vampy dark colours that should adorn the tips of your fingers this season. So in my opinion, these are bang on trend! I always like to have short nails when wearing dark colours, and I am quite liking the short, really square look too.

 
The gold is a nice touch, to me it provides a sense of regalness, elegance and sparkle, as they really do shimmer and stand out in the sunshine.
 
 
 
What do you think?
 
Until next time...
 
Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment