Thursday 3 October 2013

Pink Nail Art for Breast Cancer

As most of you know the month of October marks Breast Cancer Awareness month. The colour for this campaign is pink, so what better way to help promote this cause than to create some nail art to help spread the message. I plan to wear lots of pink this month for this great cause, if you would like to learn more and how you can help and donate, you can do so here.

My first pink manicure comes in this very girly form and I have to say I really love it.
 
 

I first prepped my nails with OPI's base coat and allowed to dry. I bought a new bottle of Seche Vite at the London Olympia Beauty show last month. It came as a set, with a very girly, light pink colour aptly named 'delicate' which is actually a pink shade released to coincide with Breast Cancer Awareness month and for every bottle purchased a donation to the cause shall be made. I used this for  my base colour. Just like their fast drying top coat their actual polish shades dry super fast too, with a very shiny glass effect, but of course I added an extra coat of their clear top coat, just in case.

 
 
I then used a dotting tool to added some very small silver polka dots using Barry M's Metallic foil effect in silver. This look alone I really loved and thought it was rather cute. I then topped this off with Nails Inc matte top coat to give the manicure a beautiful dusty pink and silver look, which I adore.
 
 

I decided it wasn't girly enough and had remembered I had purchased a couple of packs of bow decals from the pound shop and dug them out. I used the baby pink bows, and placed them at the bottom of the nail bed as close the cuticle as I could with nail glue and held them in place for a couple of minutes. Then, I fell in love.

 
 
 
The bow decals are quite large, which is why I only placed them on an accent nails. I think also placing them on the bottom of my nails, meant they didn't get in the way of doing things like household chores et al.

 
 
This is another manicure I don't want to take off, however I did buy a new Pink glitter from Barry M yesterday that I want to try out, so I think this love affair will soon come to an end.
 
 
 
Will you be wearing pink this month for Breast Cancer Awareness? If you do I would love to see your designs, let me know in the comments box. Don't forget to wear something pink to help support the cause on the 25th of this month, and wear it pink!

What do you think of my design?

Until next time...

Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment