Wednesday 27 November 2013

Thanksgiving Nail Art

I know I am not American and do not actually celebrate Thanksgiving, but I have a lot of followers of my blog who are, so this nail art post is for you guys across the pond. Not that I need an excuse to paint my nails :)

My boyfriend pointed out that Thanksgiving is not only a day to be thankful, but its about family, friends, food and football (which he is vey excited about Thursday Night Football by the way, THREE games!!!!)



I started my manicure by prepping my nail with OPI's base coat, and applied two layers of Leighton Denny's 'Hint of Mint' followed with a coat of SV to help speed up drying time.



I decided to do a turkey accent nail on my ring finger. I used a nail art brush to draw the outline of the turkey with Barry M's ' Mushroom' and filled it in on the tip of my nail. I added eyes and a beak using a dotting tool with Barry M's 'Matte White', Nail's Inc 'Black Taxi' and an orange nail polish which doesn't have a name, from the Fraulien collection. I then created an outline of feathers around the turkey using Nails Inc 'Rosary Gardens', Barry M's 'Lychee' and a yellow-gold polish from the Fraulien collection.



Using the same polishes to create the feathers on the accent nail, I created three feathers on all other remaining nails and applied them using a dotting tool on a diagonal on the corners of my nails finishing it off with a generous layering of Seche Vite.



There you have it, very easy Thanksgiving nail art. I would like to end this post saying that although I do not celebrate Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for my wonderful boyfriend and family that make my whole world complete. I hope every who celebrates has a wonderful day tomorrow.

What do you think? How will you be celebrating Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for?

Until next time...

Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment