Sunday 1 December 2013

On the first day of Christmas Nail Art

So I am kicking the first day of Advent off with a Christmas manicure. Its not overly Christmassy, as I still think it is a little bit too early to pull out all the stops, as much as I love Christmas. This is my first post of my Christmas Nail Art Challenge I created on my Google+ page. I am going to try to create 12 different Christmas themed manicures before Christmas day. This is going to be quite hard for me as I do like to wear my little art designs for some days before I take them off. If you would like to join in, you can post your photo's or blog posts here. I would love to see them.
 
 
 
For the first manicure of the challenge I decided to create a little wonderland on my nails, with a little snow storm, and two little friendly characters that you would normally associate with such adverse weather conditions.
 
 
 
To create the little snow storm nails you can see on my thumb, index and pinky finger, I first applied two coats of Rimmel London's 'Sweet as Sugar' with a dollop of Seche Vite to help aide drying time. Using a make-up sponge I dabbed on some of Barry M's 'Matte White' to the tips and applied the same polish with a dotting tool to create the falling snow. Again I used another coat of SV to merge the gradient effect together.
 
 
 
The penguin:
 
I first applied two coats of Barry M's 'Matte White' and allowed to dry with the help of a single coat of SV. Once dry I applied Nails Inc 'Black Taxi' with a toothpick to draw on the black outline of the penguin. I used the same polish with a tiny dotting tool for the eyes. I used the same dotting tool for the beak, feet and scarf using Barry M's 'Satsuma' and Nails Inc 'Denim'.
 
Mr Snowman:
 
I used two coats of Barry M's 'Matte White' for the base and allowed to dry with some SV. I used a small dotting tool to create the eyes, mouth and buttons using Nails Inc 'Black Taxi' The carrot/nose was created using a tiny dotting tool and Barry M's 'Satsuma' and the scarf is Nails Inc 'Rosary Gardens.' 
 
 
 
To make both these characters extra glossy I used a layering of SV to finalise my manicure.
 
On other news I got a lovely surprise from The Boyfriend this morning. He gave me an Advent calendar. Not any old Advent Calendar! A Ciate  mini nail polish one. I absolutely adore it and the bottles of polish are super cute. I am sure I will be able to create lots of lovely manicures with my newly acquired nail polish collection. He knows me SO well!
 

 
 
 
 
What do you thing of my manicure? Will you be recreating it or attempting your own Christmas manicures? Let me know in the comments box below.
 
Until next time...
 
Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment