Sunday 2 February 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII Nail Art

The BF and I are avid American Football fans, which means for the last five or so months we have been staying up until 4.30-5am on game days watching the action take place. Tonight this all comes to an end with the Super Bowl and to mark the occasion I shall be sporting my latest manicure;



I prepped my nails by giving them a little file and applied OPI's base coat. I picked out the teams colours (green and blue for the Seattle Seahawks and orange and blue for the Denver Bronco's.) I used stripping tape to mark off the tips and first applied the green (Barry M's neon green) and then the orange (Barry M's 'Satsuma'.) I then topped it off with a coat of SV and allowed to dry.



Once all my nails were dry I tapped off the opposite corner of the tips on all nails and applied a dark unnamed navy blue polish by Nails Supreme and topped it off with another coat of SV.  Once dry I used a white stripping polish to add a white detail under the tips.

Important tip: take off the tape whilst the polish is still wet, to create a perfect straight line and avoid taking off the polish once applied.



To divide the teams I created an American football on my middle finger. I used one coat of Barry M's 'Mushroom', topped with a coat of SV. I then used the same white stripper polish as above to create the laces of the ball and again topped it all off with Seche Vite.



I am actually looking forward to the Super Bowl this evening, even thought I am not able to view the most anticipated commercials ever. I am also pretty jealous of those getting to go to the game as I adore New York (it is probably the only other city in the World apart from London I would actually live in.)

Now onto my picks for this evening; Whilst I have loved the atmosphere at the Seahawks home games and I think the twelfth man are amazing, I don't see anyone stopping Peyton Manning (and the rest of the team), so I am opting for a Bronco's win!

What do you think of my manicure? Are you Super Bowl ready? Will you be watching the Super Bowl? Who do you think will win?

Until next time...

Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment