Sunday 1 March 2015

Chinese New Year nail art

I know I am a bit late, but Happy Chinese New Year! This year it is the year of the sheep/goat. I hope it brings all of my readers/followers a year full of love, fortune and happiness. Even though I am over a week late in posting this, I thought I would still do so, as I really like my design. I didn't opt for a sheep/goat look, but came up with this design using the colours I most associate with Chinese New Year.


I first prepped my nails with OPI's base coat, then used a Nails Inc shimmery red polish. Unfortunately I do not know the name of it, as it is a small bottle and part of a Christmas collection I got given a couple of years back. I used about three layers and topped with Seche Vite.



Using a make-up sponge and Nails Inc's 'Black Taxi' I created a gradient tip in black to each nail. Again I topped with Seche Vite and allowed to dry.



Using a dotting tool I was then able to get creative, I painted on delicate flowers and Chinese symbols using Barry M's foil effects in 'gold' and 'matte white' and Nails Inc in 'Heather grey'. I then topped it with Seche Vite and allowed to dry.



Let me know what you think in the comments box below.



Until next time...

Laura-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment